Tuesday, November 3, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Fair Isle Fail Edition

Another week, another WIP Wednesday? Where has the time gone? 

I have been plugging away the second wine sweater but it has not been going well. I knitted the fair isle section inside out in the hope of avoid puckering over the 10 and 12-stitch floats. It's far to say that I really cocked that up.


The snowmen look less like replica people made of snow than evil snow creatures that watch you while you sleep.


I am incredibly stubborn so I finished the whole thing in the hope that blocking performs some sort of miracle to make this usable, even if only as the joke item that makes people laugh at Christmas dinner parties. I am also trying again to see if I can get some non-demented snowpeople. The next pattern in the series has really long floats, so if I can't figure out how to fix the puckering issue, there's not much use in me trying that.


Wish me luck!


0 comments:

Post a Comment