Sunday, September 28, 2014

Seedlings and a new sock!

Using the blind faith that comes with having absolutely no idea what you're doing, I decided on Saturday that my seedlings were big enough to be transplanted into pots.


I put each of the same type of seeds in the same pot. In a few months time, they should be big enough to be moved to the ground or a bigger pot.


Please note that previous sentence is based on no actual data or knowledge about gardening: it just seems like the kind of thing that should be true.


Whatever happens, it is always fun to play with dirt and I'm pretty happy to have such potential in my garden! I can dream of all the lovely fresh produce and herbs I'm going to have for Christmas this year.


Lucy, of course, was happy to help!

There are only seven sleeps until I leave and I am starting to get a bit anxious about the whole thing. I am excited and looking forward to it but I'm worried about Lucy and the housesitter (what if they don't get on?), I'm worried about making an idiot of myself in front of well-respected academics and I'm worried about missing the plane! The rational part of my mind knows they are all completely stupid fears (who wouldn't love Lucy? My research is completely respectable and not at all embarrassing and, even if I do miss the plane, I can just catch another) but my irrational mind is like !!!!!!!!.

Clearly, I needed to start another sock.


0 comments:

Post a Comment