Monday, March 31, 2014

Help! I'm procrastinating...

I am in serious trouble. I have a ridiculous amount of work to do but, instead of actually doing it, I am doing things that sound like they might be scholarly but are actually not. Yesterday, I was reading a book on the gothic heroine in cinema. I then somehow ended up watching this ...


..it was fantastic. There is an unexplained fantasy sequence near the end of the movie where Michael Redgrave's (the grandfather of Liam Neeson's deceased wife Natasha Richardson) character tries himself for a murder that may or may not have happened - it was a pure delight. They honestly do not make movies like this anymore.

But, unfortunately, this viewing did not result in any words being added to my thesis.

I then felt guilty about the aforementioned lack of writing, so I decided to to make myself feel better by making Katharine Hepburn's brownies


These were truly delicious. After eating them, I felt better - or at least fatter! - but still, no more words. I think I might need to start using one of those programs that blocks you from the internet or else I am never going to graduate.

Back to work!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment